Did you know activated charcoal can be one of the best things for your beard?
Is activated charcoal the same stuff you use to cook a steak outside on a summer day? No, activated charcoal is a special kind of charcoal that can be used for beard and skin care.
The manufacture of activated charcoal makes it extremely adsorbent, allowing it to bind to molecules, ions, or atoms. In this way, it removes these from dissolved substances. Making activated charcoal involves heating carbon-rich materials, such as wood, peat, coconut shells, or sawdust, to very high temperatures
Benefits of Activated Charcoal
Activated Charcoal is highly beneficial for your beard and skin. It will help moisturize, soften and add volume to your beard. Activated charcoal will also help draw out dirt and oil from your skin and beard which is beneficial because clogged pours can restrict beard growth and activated charcoal can help prevent this from happening.
It also helps ensure beard oils and balms penetrate your skin deeply resulting in a healthy and thicker beard.
What is Activated Charcoal?
Activated charcoal is the by-product of burning a carbon source like wood or (better yet) coconut shells. The substance is “activated” by high temperatures, resulting in a highly adsorbent material with millions of tiny pores that capture, bind, and remove dirt, toxins and odors.
This porous texture of activated charcoal is what distinguishes it from other types of charcoals, including the type used for barbecuing.
What are the Benefits of Activated Charcoal Beard Soap?
Activated charcoal beard soap has a long list of benefits:
- Exfoliates Skin
- Deep Cleaning
- Soft, Shiny, Grease-Free Locks
- Natural Healing
- Softer Beard Hair
- Add Volume to Beard
- Promotes Beard Growth
- Helps Eliminate Beard Dandruff or “Beardruff”
- Helps Eliminate Unwanted Odors
- Soothes Skin
- Great for any Beard Type
Interesting Facts About Charcoal
Some cool charcoal facts
- Charcoal can soak up more than a hundred times its weight in impurities
- Coconut shell-based activated carbon is better for handling contaminants with a lower molecular weight.
- Activated charcoals negatively charged, porous texture helps trap toxins, preventing your body from absorbing them.
- Coconut shells are a clean, preferred source of activated charcoal. While charcoal can be made from coal, wood, or other substances, activated coconut charcoal is superior.
- One teaspoon full of activated charcoal has more surface area than a football field
- Coconut shells are a clean and sustainable source of activated charcoal